Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Clouds in Art

In Science class, the 5/6s studied various types of clouds.  In art class, we learned about clouds in art.  This website has an amazing selection of famous artworks with clouds.  Scientists have identified the types of clouds that are in these paintings.  Check it out!  The 5/6s made small watercolor paintings of a specific type of cloud.  They had to identify the type of cloud they were painting.


Clouds in art

4 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Wow, there are so many ways of painting or drawing clouds. They are each unique in their own way. Thanks for sharing all those images of clouds, fantastic. Have a great rest of the week.

Marcia Beckett said...

Thanks for both of your comments. I always thought it would be hard to teach a lesson just on painting clouds. It was really fun though! The science teacher shared with me that website, which is super cool! I had to demonstrate specific techniques for capturing the clouds, and also demonstrate how not to paint a cloud (realistically). I showed them the stereotyped puffy cartoonlike cloud (which is fine if you are not wanting to paint realistically).

Zue said...

These paintings are really good.
I love looking at them. Clouds are such interesting things to study and beautiful to draw....if you can get them right...I doubt if I could..I used to teach a bit of meteorology to trainee pilots years ago. I love the weather!!!
Have a lovely week
Sue xx

Sleepyhead Designs Studio said...

What a great lesson idea! Love that it incorporates science too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails