Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How many blogs do you follow?

Did you know google reader has a maximum number of blogs you can follow? Did you know the maximum is 300 blogs?  I reached 300 blogs that I'm following and had to cut some out.  So, anyone who doesn't post frequently unfortunately I had to stop following.  Google reader makes it so easy to follow blogs and get them in a nice straightforward feed.  How many blogs do you follow?

It is Spring Break now!  My baby Daria is sitting here coloring with crayons and eating pretzels.  She's trying to color with the pretzels too. 

And because an art teacher can't post a blogpost without a picture, here is a picture of one of my art journal pages.

What I did for this page, was take a colored photocopy of one of my previous watercolor paintings, then sketch a giraffe on the page.  Next, I took black acrylic paint and painted around the giraffe.  Then, using paint pens and oil pastels crayons, I doodled on top.  The white splotches are gesso painted areas.  Before it dried, I took a pencil and drew into the wet gesso to make patterns.

And here is a book that I recently purchased.
  Painted Pages: Fueling Creativity with Sketchbooks and Mixed Media
I really dig Sarah's artwork.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

300, wow, how do you keep up? I use google reader for about 150 and some days have to use the different tags to jump through some groups because there is too much there.

Angie said...

I'm not sure how many, but it must be under 300. I have a few on there that are done, though. When you haven't blogged in over a year it's pretty safe.

Phyl said...

I just counted, and it's like 106. So I'm still OK. There are ones I read all the time, and some I ignore until something cool shows up. Some have disappeared (no new posts for a long time) but I keep hoping they will be back. I do like using my dashboard as an easy way to scroll through what there is and what I want to see.

I love your artwork you posted! To be honest, I didn't even notice the giraffe at first - I just liked the color/design etc. Thanks for sharing.

Keilor East Rotary said...

I've been blogging for three years but just realized that I don't follow any other Visual Arts blogs unless they post a link on Twitter. I follow wonderful educators from throughout the World on Twitter.I think I will begin my list with your great blog. Congratulations Marcia. Thanks for sharing.My blog is at www.tlpsart.edublogs.org

Marcia Beckett said...

Keilor, I like your blog. I will have to take some time to explore it. How did you come across my blog?

Yeah, it's pretty hard to keep up with all the blogs! I delete them if they don't post in a month or so... I scroll through a lot of stuff on google reader and just really read the stuff that catches my eye.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails