Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Penguins in the Snow-- Kindergarten and NAEA convention

Hello!  Can you believe there's only 3 days left until the National Art Education Conference in New York?  woo hoo!  Each day I am planning to give a short update in pictures and words recapping what I did all day.  I know I will be so super busy though, so we'll see if that actually happens!   Today is also our regional art show, so I will have pictures of that to show you later.


The kindergarten class studied penguins in their classroom and I thought a painting project would be a fun tie-in.  This was a project that I saw on Artsonia.  On the first day, we drew and painted the black penguin.  On the second day, they added white acrylic paint on top of the penguin and to show snow in the sky.  Eyes and hats were cut from construction paper.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Wonderful expressions abd characters.
xx

Phyl said...

The first penguin looks like he's juggling snowballs - too cute!

Looking forward to seeing you in NYC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails